Today is one of those unofficial holidays I can get behind and don’t mind celebrating. Let’s celebrate pepperoni pizza day in Augusta & Aiken. When it comes to pizza, the battle over what goes on pizza will rage on forever. Kind of like the chicken or the egg, there’s the big pizza question. Does Pineapple belong on pizza? And the simple answer is YES.
In honor of the day, you might be in shock to find that pepperoni is the most popular topping for pizza. According to PIZZATODAY.COM, pepperoni comes before sausage, mushrooms, extra cheese, and bacon.
Places To Get Deals On Pepperoni Pizza Day
- Chuck E. Cheese: Upgrade your pizza to the next size up for $2 more.
- Hungry Howie’s Choose any two items on Hungry Howie’s Mix & Match menu for only $6.99. Or, the $18.99 Howie deal which is two medium one-topping pizzas and a two-liter PEPSI.
- Marco’s Pizza: Offering a large Pepperoni Magnifico Pizza for $9.99 with the code “PEPMAG”
- Domino’s: All one-topping pizzas are just $7.99 when you carry them out.
- Marco’s: Use the code: MED699 to enjoy a medium pepperoni pizza for only $6.99.
- Sbarro: Sign up for Sbarro’s The Slice Society on Sept. 20 and get a FREE XL NY Slice with a purchase of a beverage.
According to the website Alto Hartley here are some crazy facts about pizza:
- Three billion pizzas are sold every year in the United States.
- Every second, an average of 350 slices are sold
- More than 41 percent of us eat pizza every week, with one in eight of all Americans eating pizza on any given day.
- Like pepperoni? How about 251.7 million pounds of it annually? Most of this consumption is on pizza and pepperoni accounts for more than a third of all pizza orders.
So now I wanna go out and celebrate this special, unofficial holiday today! Check out these great locations across Aiken and Augusta to get not only the best pepperoni pizza but also the best pizza in general.