GTC Evans Cinemas Makes Going to the Movies More Sensory Friendly
GTC Evans Cinemas will start showing sensory-friendly shows on the first Sunday of each month. They will call it Sensory Sunday.
What is a sensory-friendly show?
A sensory friendly movie is when the movie itself doesn’t change, just the way that your senses experience it. Often times people with different disabilities may prefer sensory friendly movies.
There also may be more children in the audience, which could mean so increased notice and movement. The members are welcome to dance, shout, sing or anything that adds to there comfortability.
For instance, people with anxiety, autism, hearing loss, concussion, or PTSD often have sensory sensitivity.
People with disabilities may experience sensory overload in a non-sensory movie – which is when someone’s senses become over stimulated or overwhelmed. Sensory overload can happen to children, adults, and seniors.
What can you expect during a sensory movie?
- High lights will be on or more lights than usual.
- Soundtrack volume will be down.
- The movie location may hand out noise-reducing earmuffs.
- You may receive weighted lap pads.
These are the upcoming sensory friendly showings for the GTC Evans Cinema.
UPCOMING SENSORY MOVIES IN EVANS
- October 1st – paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
- November 5th: Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
- December 3rd: Trolls Band Together
The Ultimate Home Movie Night Essentials