Update on the The Salvation Army COVID19 Response
AUGUSTA, GA – The Salvation Army of Augusta and its state headquarters are continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID19) situation and work with local authorities. The Center of Hope, The Salvation Army of Augusta’s emergency shelter, has implemented its Community Emergency Protocol and will remain open to serve those in need. Shelter guests will receive daily extensions at the Center of Hope until the end of the crisis. All other shelter policies are still in effect. Shelter guests who are ill must seek medical attention before being checked in. Appropriate documentation must be presented for reentry into the shelter. Walk-in hours are suspended until further notice. Shelter fees will be waived through the end of March.
- Wash their hands multiple times a day
- Cover their coughs and sneezes
- Distance themselves by staying six feet apart from each other
- Disinfect objects that they touch
- Avoid touching their faces
- Stay home if they are feeling ill