Ozzy Osbourne fans will be thrilled to hear this latest update on The Prince of Darkness’ health and wellness.
Sharon and Jack Osbourne did an interview with Access when the topic of Ozzy’s health came up. Jack said, “Well, if this gauges where he’s at, he’s complaining a lot and he’s back to his normal routine. So everything’s A-okay there.” Sharon playfully added, “That’s always a good sign when he complains and he’s miserable. Then you know it’s good.”
Most recently, Ozzy was in the hospital with complications from the flu that then developed into pneumonia and resulted in a stint in the ICU. After being discharged from the hospital, his doctors ordered he recuperate at home for an additional six weeks and not to travel. This resulted in the postponement of his Australia, New Zealand and Japan legs of his “No More Tours 2” farewell tour.
Ozzy’s recent health woes first began in late 2018 when he was hospitalized with three different staff infections in his right hand.
He told Rolling Stone at the time that his right thumb swole up to “the size of a f*ckin’ light bulb.” He needed surgery to cut out the infections, which, according to Ozzy, “Even with the numbing stuff, it was agony.”
Ozzy was then forced to postpone his entire European tour in late January after being hospitalized with the flu, which as previously stated, developed into pneumonia.
The next leg of Ozzy’s “No More Tours 2” farewell tour is scheduled to begin May 24 headlining the Rocklahoma Festival. So far, that entire North American leg of the tour will be taking place as scheduled.
Erica Banas is rock/classic rock news blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.