When someone can tell by your silhouette who you are, you know you have an iconic look, which is why Slash will always be a popular Halloween costume.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- This wig. (With an attached hat, no less!)
- Tight black pants. (Black jeans acceptable, but leather/faux leather would be the ultimate badass touch.)
- Black band t-shirt or tank. (A variety of bands would do, like Aerosmith or Motorhead. Just don’t make it a GN’R shirt, because wearing your own band shirt is lame. We can all agree on that.)
- Black Chuck Taylors (He almost always wears them on stage.)
- Black aviator sunglasses.
- Gothic necklace. (Think crosses and skulls.)
- Bottle of Jack Daniels. (Whether it’s just a prop or you’re drinking from it is up to you.)
- Pack of cigarettes. (Yes, we know he’s quit both smoking and drinking, but it’s a costume. Go full Slash. People will appreciate your commitment. If you don’t smoke, candy cigarettes are an acceptable substitute AND a tasty treat.)
Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.