Chick-fil-A is in hot water after a recent incident at their Stockbridge, Georgia location.
A lawsuit has now been filed against the fast food chain after a pregnant woman was reportedly served cleaning solution after asking for a coffee refill.
The woman became ill after ingesting the liquid and has had to pay out of pocket for medical costs related to the incident.
According to the Atlanta Journal, the customer filed the legal paperwork with the Fulton County State Court.
A spokesman for the company said they were informed about the situation, and are currently investigating.
Because a lawsuit has been filed, the company is unable to comment further, however, the legal papers say Chick-fil-A admitted one of their employees served the customer a cup of cleaning solution.
It is not clear at this time if the employee intentionally served the woman cleaning solution or if it was simply a mix up.
While the company has offered to pay for the woman’s medical expenses, the victim is seeking to collect money due to pain and suffering.
QCWriter is a journalist who is fueled by espresso and motivated by determination. She specializes in pop culture, country music, and news content.