These twelve facial expressions could let you know if someone is lying.
Have you ever wondered if someone was lying to your face? According to a Business Insider video, "Mark Bouton, an FBI agent for 30 years, said being able to read facial expressions to detect lies can be beneficial even if you're not conducting criminal investigations." Check out these twelve facial expressions that will give away if someone is trying to deceive you.
- Eyes darting back and forth- usually when they feel uncomfortable.
- Rapid Blinking
- Closing eyes for more than one second
- Smiles that don't affect the eyes
- Looking up and to the right- right-handed people may do this when they are lying about what they saw.
- Face touching- a chemical reaction often causes people's faces to itch when they lie.
- Looking directly to the right- right-handed people may do this when they are lying about what they heard.
- Pursed lips- lying causes dry mouth.
- Looking down to the right- right-handed people may do this when they're lying about smells.
- Excessive sweating
- Blushing- Usually women, it's an involuntary reflex and is a response to the release of adrenaline from lying.
- Head shaking- the person is disagreeing with what they've just said.
How to tell someone's lying to you just by watching their face pic.twitter.com/v0Os3gRddR
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) April 18, 2017
Mary Brooke Beasley has a healthy obsession with all things related to cats, fashion, and the color pink! She mainly writes trending topics, celebrity gossip, and lifestyle pieces.